 Town / 9950
Re: Garbage container truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 04:24:18 GMT

In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jonathanlopes/vehicles/container-truck/dscn0800.jpg

Prototype: http://www.maj.com/gallery/Jonathanlopes/Photos/dscn0779.jpg

These trucks are seen near the main garbage transfer station on the Harlem River in the Bronx. Typically, four of these containers would be placed on a rail flat car (MOC to come) and transported to a land fill out of state.

I am very happy with the cab. It is similar, but slightly different than the cabs on my previous trucks.

Initially, I made my containers (9 of them) only 6 studs tall. It was way to short. Even 8 studs tall is short. These containers are massive.

Best,

Jonathan (who is embedding images in a post for the first time . . . are these considered to large?)

Great work as usual. I’d prefer slightly smaller pics (I usually use 500px width) but it’s certainly not a big deal.

The cab of the truck looked really wrong to me at first but it does match the prototype really well. I’d like to see the grey grilles at the front replaced by faux-chrome though.

As always, thanks, Tim. I was quite sure I used the faux chrome grills. It appears I didn’t. I have so many of them. . . .

Best,

Jonathan