 Town / 9813

Re: Griswold Building - Detroit, Michigan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:10:40 GMT

In lugnet.town, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, James Garrett wrote:
   I have completed another building to include in the MichLTC portion of the ILTCO layout planned for the NMRA 2007 National Train Show to be held in Detroit on July 28 - 30th.

Yeah yeah yeah. Whatever. I think I speak for everyone when I ask: But can you build anything smaller? Besides the car, that is (which, to be fair, is actually building bigger as far as our club goes).

Anyways, does this mean it wasn’t fully completed when you brought it to the last meeting, or did you just need time to produce/post photos?

Dave: Was that first one a rhetorical question? If not, do you not remember my Brush Park victorian and my 8x8 stud vignette: Harry Potter and the run-away mine car?

The building was 99% complete when I brought it to the last MichLUG meeting. I was awaiting one last bricklink order of 1x1 old light gray plates and 2x4 brown plates that I needed to complete the detailing at the roofline. The building was completed on June 7th. -Jim

Re: Griswold Building - Detroit, Michigan
   Was that first one a rhetorical question?

Mostly good-natured ribbing. I mean, consider the fact that while you may not be able to claim having the tallest building in a town display (I have no idea who might hold that record at present), you’ve quite possibly got a claim on having the one with the most total volume. The only other buildings I’ve ever seen that even compare to the Fisher in that sense are large hangers (one in particular had the UCS ISD parked inside). Building small just doesn’t come to mind when thinking of you.

   If not, do you not remember my Brush Park victorian

Er, uh, no, actually. I remember the art museum, which is actually considerably smaller than the Griswold. Remember, I’m not a town guy.

   and my 8x8 stud vignette: Harry Potter and the run-away mine car?

I remember that one, and that you had at least one other vignette for that contest. Can’t seem to find any photos of these in your Brickshelf account, though...

Re: Griswold Building - Detroit, Michigan