 Town / 9657
Subject:
Dodgem Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:24:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Wasn't sure where Dodgem cars should be posted, so I just picked my two
favourite newsgroups.

After 2 years of Ebay trawling I managed to pickup some technic chain, bought
more than I needed in fact. With the left overs I built this dodgem car
mechanism.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~mephisto03/public_html/BodVille/images/racing/Dodgem5.jpg

There's more pictures on the BodVille website in the racing section
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mephisto03/public_html/

And a movie (16meg)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pe668/Movies/dodgems.wmv

Re: Dodgem Cars
Wasn't sure where Dodgem cars should be posted, so I just picked my two
favourite newsgroups.

After 2 years of Ebay trawling I managed to pickup some technic chain, bought
more than I needed in fact. With the left overs I built this dodgem car
mechanism.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~mephisto03/public_html/BodVille/images/racing/Dodgem5.jpg

There's more pictures on the BodVille website in the racing section
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mephisto03/public_html/

And a movie (16meg)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pe668/Movies/dodgems.wmv

Hi Peter,

Cool all LEGO solution to dodgems. I'm wondering if whacking a couple of soccer
balls in the hull (rather than the wheels) might not make for crazier dodgem
action. Did you try this at any point?

Tim

Re: Dodgem Cars
Wasn't sure where Dodgem cars should be posted, so I just picked my two
favourite newsgroups.

After 2 years of Ebay trawling I managed to pickup some technic chain,
bought
more than I needed in fact. With the left overs I built this dodgem car
mechanism.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~mephisto03/public_html/BodVille/images/racing/Dodgem5.jpg

There's more pictures on the BodVille website in the racing section
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mephisto03/public_html/

And a movie (16meg)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pe668/Movies/dodgems.wmv

What was your solution to attach the magnets to the chain links?  If you
used glue, what was the type?

-Rob
www.brickmodder.net

Re: Dodgem Cars