 Town / 9615
Re: Moscow in the 80s - diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:
   BS

Flickr

Hi all,

This has been a long planned and long prepared project of mine (and will hopefully continue to develop once I have more space) but I think I’m finally happy enough with it to post pictures. I’ve tried to recreate Moscow in the early 80s before perestroika and globalisation altered the city forever. I’ve attempted to keep as much as possible authentic to the era although I believe the bus may actually be a St Petersburg livery rather than a Moscow one. I’d be really happy to hear of any inaccuracies or mistakes from people that have lived in Moscow at that time so I can improve it.

Anyway, enough talk,

Hi Tim,

Brickshelf didn’t make us wait to long . . .

Looks great! The trains and bus are my favorites. You’ve gotten some really nice details into the buildings as well as the subway platform. I love the doubled arches on the subway platform.

Excellent job.

Jonathan