 Town / 9471
Re: ideas for building radar and communications gear for an airport/air traffic control/etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 05:36:31 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to build radar dishes, satellite
dishes, communications antennas etc for use on the roof of a smallish
airport/air traffic control tower?
Looking to build in white or possibly old light grey.
Thinking of the 6 x 6 webbed radar dish for the satellite hookup and the
"skateboard" with the radar sticker (from the coast watch HQ) for the radar
but not sure exactly how I should attach it to my flat roofed building.

An airport builder, man after my own heart.  What I've done for my airport 4.2, is put two radar dishes on the top roof of my tower, I built the roof SNOT style, with two Technic hole bricks, attached the radars to axles, put a gear at the bottom, ran a conveyer chain around and mounted a micro motor with a third gear so it would all rotate.  If I can, I'll post a link to a picture tommorrow.   The radars I used where the standard 6 x 6 web, and the other is the black dozer blade with radar print from one of the airport sets.