 Town / 8927
Re: 411 on Brian Gallant?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 20:47:55 GMT

In lugnet.town, John Neal wrote:
   I was searching for inspiration because I need to build a fire engine. Of course I’ve bookmarked Steven Asbury’s Brickshelf page (and one could argue that that’s all the inspiration one could ever need!), but I also was interested in perusing Brian Gallant’s BS folder, but it is EMPTY!!

Does anyone (Brian?) know what’s up with that?

Thanks,

JOHN

The reason is great news for Brian, but bad news for the Lego community.

Brian got a job as a permanent firefighter for the same department that his father works for. But his real-life firefighting duties are keeping him too busy for Lego projects.

Brian removed his brickshelf gallery a few months ago for a number of reasons. He told me he felt that the gallery had a good run, and that it was time to take it down and keep the rigs in a private collection.

I was sorry to see him enter a new “dark ages” for his Lego hobby. We jointly designed our Titan airport fire apparatus and collaborated on some other Lego projects. But I’m happy for his new job. Hopefully he’ll get back to building again soon.

Last I checked, most of his website had also been taken down. There are a few pages still working, but they’re likely to be gone soon. If you Google “Legoborough” you can find them. Try clicking on the individual stations instead of the homepage.

-Steven