 Town / 8631
  a town structure contest!!

I believe I have covered just about everything but since there is always someone with an opinion or an interesting idea I am posting this a few days early. If the rules or something else needs to be tweaked, please let me know before January 5th. (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Yet Another Contest???? Re: a town structure contest!!

In lugnet.town, Ondrew Hartigan wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Finally, a contest on a subject of merit;-D Count me in, Ondrew! JOHN (18 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: A town structure contest

2 questions: 1. Can we enter something that we've recently completed but haven't photographed yet? 2. Can we enter more than one building? Thanks, David "Fuzzy" Gregory (18 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) Can we enter buildings that we have built but never actually posted on any online form (even if they were displayed at shows before) ? Either way, I am in on this one! Thanks, Jeff Pelletier (18 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) Is this valid for every country around the world, or only for US residents? (...) Please add metric dimensions too, not only imperial size. (...) Thanks for this great idea! Ludo Soete - www.belug.be (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

Sounds like fun. I don't think I'll follow the scale guidelines too closely, but I'll try my best to use them as suggestions. I just can't think very well numerically when it comes to LEGO. I'm excited about what I'll build, but more excited about (...) (18 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: A town structure contest

(...) yes as long as it's NEW. (...) sure why not. just don't flood me with 15 different ones. ondrew (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) i'd prefer the buildings be new but your welcome to enter it if i havn't seen it before. if i have however, i'll warn ya i won't concider it for prizes. ondrew p.s. it's nothing against you i just want to see new ideas. (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) totaly, the world is welcome to join in the fun. (...) here's a cool link that will help you convert (URL) lego scale converter (URL) ondrew (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Yet Another Contest???? Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) I'm all over this one! Count me in as well. Russell BayLUG/BayLTC (18 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) well it seems i can't seem to follow them myself. check out my latest moment of stupidity. (URL) i built it then put a mini fig next to it. DOH! but (...) I'm very excited as well. i'm hoping that the $200 in prizes might help draw people in. (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) This sounds great! Thanks for thinking of it and putting it all together. This will surely entice me to get my hands on a camera much more quickly than planned. Thanks again, Onderw! Jonathan (18 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: a town structure contest!! <- $200 in prizes

In lugnet.town, Ondrew Hartigan wrote: i'd hate to think no one is interested in free stuff. so in an effort to get this contest some attention and exposure i'm crossposting to .trains and .general. ondrew ......... (...) Rules 1. Time limit - 2 (...) (18 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: a town structure contest!! <- $200 in prizes

(...) [...] (...) Ondrew, I am writing just to say that it is very cool that you have decided to do something like this. I also wrote to say that I won't be entering... it's not because I don't want to build and share. It's just that I learned that (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) [Snipple] Ondrew, Thanks for running this contest. I'm contemplating an entry. I work in a downtown area, so there's no shortage of building ideas. I just want you to know that I'm thinking of your contest with appreciation for the fun (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) Excellent, Ondrew! We haven't had a Town building contest in years. I'd be happy to donate a Lions Gate Models instruction CD (or more) as a prize, but would that mean I can't enter? Kevin (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: a town structure contest!!

(...) sorry kevin, i have no idea how i missed this message but your welcome to enter even with a prize donation. hell i wouldn't mind one of those cd's myself. ondrew (18 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.town)

  Re: a town structure contest!! extended to april 5th!!

(...) I am extending the contest to April 5th! This will allow additional people to participate and will give me a chance to get settled with a new job before judging starts. This will also let people use there moc's for an April fools joke if need (...) (18 years ago, 3-Feb-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: a town structure contest!! extended to april 5th!!

(...) So who were the winners? Russell BayLUG/BayLTC (18 years ago, 13-Apr-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.arch, FTX)