 Town / 8658
Re: a town structure contest!! <- $200 in prizes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 18:46:45 GMT

In lugnet.town, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
i'd hate to think no one is interested in free stuff.  so in an effort to get
this contest some attention and exposure i'm crossposting to .trains and
.general.  ondrew

Hey all,
    I would like to run a town structure contest. This is partly because there
has been a shortage of town moc's on lugnet lately (1), and personally I think
it would be a great way to spark some new ideas for the community.  The rules
are purposely simple and I’m providing some of the prizes.  Here’s what I’m
thinking:

A town structure is a building, any building. Everything from a town hall to a
train station would work.  I have used the word “structure” instead of
“building” because I thought it would be strange to have a building building
contest (2). =)

Rules
1.  Time limit -  2 months    Jan 5th – march 5th
2.  Under 5 stories tall
3.  If your submission is a render, all parts must be available “in sets or on
bricklink” and it should be build able.
4.  a small group of buildings is ok by me as long as they’re related

suggestions ß not requirements
1.  The “suggested” scale is 1 stud per foot 1.2ft per brick/3plates
2.  Your model or models should use realistic colors. I.E. a blue building with
yellow trim is probably unrealistic.

Judging - Prizes

Judging will be based on:
   •How realistic is it?
   •Amount of detail
   •The complexity of the build
   •Use of texture
   •Is it modeled off of a real building?  <-Not a requirement but extra points
will be given

Judging will NOT be based on:
   •Size <- build in a size you can afford
   •Use of rare colors or parts
   •How it is presented.  Moc-pages is great but a brickshelf gallery will   work just as well.

If you wish to help me judge please consider donating a prize to the contest.
The size of your donation is up to you.

Winners will be announced around march 12th

[b]PRIZES
The winners get to choose their prizes. Keep this in mind since anything on the
short list below could end up in your hands.  All I ask is the winners pay
actual shipping.      shipping will be around $5

.A pair of half curve switches or unmodified if the winner prefers.
.2 half straights + 2 half curves
.Clear plates
· 10 – 2x3 plates
· 6 – 2x4 plates
.over 200 assorted decorated tiles
.11 box car doors various styles
.a large secret bag of goodies
                          total estimated value well over $200

FIRST PRIZE   picks first and gets 3 items
SECOND PRIZE picks second and gets 2 items
THIRD PRIZE picks third and gets 1 item
[b]

I’m very excited about this contest and I’m very much looking forward to the
results. With that said, If you are interested in this contest and you plan to
participate please let us know.

Contest submissions:
Please post your moc to either Lugnet or Legofan under the “town structure
contest entrees” threads found:
http://www.legofan.org/FORUMS/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3365#3365
and
http://news.lugnet.com/town/?n=8630

I would also ask that you email me a link to your moc with “ contest entree” in
the subject line to:

roj2323 at yahoo dot com

This will help me keep track of submissions.

Thank you,
Ondrew

(1) Dam spacers =)
(2) jar jar never dies, dam that alien