 Technic / Bionicle / 1860
Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 02:46:41 GMT

The toys were designed along with the story. They are not "here's what it
would look like made of Legos" they ARE the Toa. That's why they looked like
that in every other thing ever made of them in CG. There's no point to the
masks, the Turaga, Makuta, etc, without the plot as laid out.

PS, in my opinion, that animation wasn't tooooo bad.

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Allan Portillo writes:
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Tim Milligan writes:
no, what I'm saying is all CG like on the bionicle CD and using the plot as
outlined on the game, comics, cd, etc

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Allan Portillo writes:
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Allan Portillo writes:
I hope they make a big budget, special effect mad, summer blockbuster out of
it, similar to the first power rangers movie with huge robotic monsters • detroying large cities (but definatley not New York for obveous reasons).
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Tim Milligan writes:
Why would they do that? I'm presuming it'll be the story of the Toa vs
Makuta and his friends.

Thats what I mean. The plot could be that all the masks on mata nui have
been found, but only one remains, in the earths core. That is what Makuta
wants, and the only way he can get it is by going to the centre of the earth
and get it. But there is one snag, due to the size, weight and speed makuta
whould have to accomplish to get to the centre of the earth would be like
the comit that hit the earth over 60 million years ago. So whilst makuta is
heading towards earth
(all 500 billion tonnes of him) at unimaginable speed, the 6 mighty toa
intercept him (not because they want to save earth but because if makuta
were to get the mask then he would be able to defeate the toa). So a huge
battle against anti hero and evil begins on earth, but will the toa learn
the value of human life and turn saving the planet into there new main
objective, turning them from anti heros to heros.

Just my two cents

I do not follow Bionicle very much so I don't know the plot on the CD. But
if the CG on the CD is like the ones in the adverts, then a movie of this
would be good as a mini series on CITV. However in my opinion the Bionicle
franchise is worth more than that. I think I have a quite unique view of
bionicle. In my opinion the lego bionicle toys are modles of the Toa made
from lego, and that the CG in the adverts and the toa in the comics are the
dipiction of the toys of the toa, and not the toa themselves. This means
that the toa themselves have no reason to be made from lego (in the same way
as a baby is not made from plastic, like the toy doll babies are).If that
makes any sence. With this in mind I have an idea of what the Toa themselves
look like. I'm guessing they would be large robots. If these robots existed
why would they be made from lego anyway? Try to imagine a 30 foot tall
fighting machine that could easily pick up a 150 tonne tank and throw it. It
has never been to earth befor and is a mechanicle machine and so knows
nothing about life or death, it only has a  basic pre-programmed instinct to
defend itself, with intelligence to know combat tactics like working in a
group to fight a large enemy. This is my view of the toa themselves (with
makuta being the real jaw dropper of the movie being the size of a couple of
city blocks) and as such (in my opinion) a movie depicting the adventures of
the toa themselves and not the toys should have the toa looking like 30 foot
tall fighting machines and not an artists rendition of the toy. If there is
a battle on some distant planet, people won't care as much as if it were on
earth. Can you imagine seeing a mini series come out on CITV of bionicle
when they could go to the people who made GODZILLA and INDEPENDENCE DAY and
made a movie so visually astounding and have as much action as THE MUMMY
RETURNS that it would have a world of audiences amazed and on the edge of
there seats. It would capture the hearts of our generation and generations
to come of what what bionicle is all about. I say forget a bit of light
entertainment on CITV (what I would call a half assed attemp) and bring on
the magic of hollywood to bring the 6 mighty toa to life.

PS, making a full blown summer blockbuster out of it would also give them
more flexibilty in the film and make it how they want (they could have a
pg-13 rating). I can see this film costing around $100 million to make, but
once people see a trailer for this film, they will know what a visual
splendor is and this film will make up the cost in weeks. I am begging lego
(Mr Cristiensen in particular), please consider this as an option to put
lego back on the map for stimulating child creativity and imagination.

Please lego, don't go cheap and nasty, more time and effort (and dare I say
more money spent) will bring great rewards.