 Technic / Bionicle / 1836
    LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Mikkel Benedikt Breiler Mikkelsen
   I hope this is news to everyone. You see, I hate posting old news ;) (URL) The link is for a newsitem in danish, by Mediawatch! The entire text is quoted below, along with a hasty english translation by yours truly. This story has at least one (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Nick Cameron
   (...) The Bionicle Movie isn't old news, but it seemed kinda... ovbious. I just hope they have voices in the movie. I'd hate having to read the whole movie, and be so busy reading end up sticking my hand in a soda. NICK (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Bradley Dale
   (...) I hope they do NOT have voices! A lot of talking would just make it silly and childish. I hope the movie is more like the Toa mini-cds, with a narrator but no dialogue between the characters. I think the CD succeeds very well in creating the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Allan Portillo
   I hope they make a big budget, special effect mad, summer blockbuster out of it, similar to the first power rangers movie with huge robotic monsters detroying large cities (but definatley not New York for obveous reasons). (22 years ago, 1-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Tim Milligan
   Why would they do that? I'm presuming it'll be the story of the Toa vs Makuta and his friends. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Allan Portillo
   (...) detroying large cities (but definatley not New York for obveous reasons). (...) Thats what I mean. The plot could be that all the masks on mata nui have been found, but only one remains, in the earths core. That is what Makuta wants, and the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Tim Milligan
   no, what I'm saying is all CG like on the bionicle CD and using the plot as outlined on the game, comics, cd, etc (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Allan Portillo
   (...) I do not follow Bionicle very much so I don't know the plot on the CD. But if the CG on the CD is like the ones in the adverts, then a movie of this would be good as a mini series on CITV. However in my opinion the Bionicle franchise is worth (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Tim Milligan
   The toys were designed along with the story. They are not "here's what it would look like made of Legos" they ARE the Toa. That's why they looked like that in every other thing ever made of them in CG. There's no point to the masks, the Turaga, (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Ray Kremer
   (...) Agreed. Though to be completely honest, they DID take some liberties in the CG versions. The arms and legs can bend, the heads can turn, they can stick their weapons on their back. In effect I guess the sets are "action figure" versions of the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Tim Milligan
   Good point about the animations. Course, without that, they couldn't really walk... (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: LEGO makes Bionicle film, Premiere 2003 —Allan Portillo
   The moulded parts for the bionicle figures have joints, hydraulics, ect anyway. Could they just make these parts seperateley and animate them together in CG. Instead of the animations on the adverts where the hydraulics, joints, ect are made from (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)