 Technic / Bionicle / 1224
    Re: LEGO in Washington Post —Mark Sandlin
   (...) I appreciate the nod, but I used absolutely no Buy-onicle parts whatsoever in my latest mecha. I used the ball and socket bits from C-3P0, and I used two ball bits that I chopped off the end of those useless throwbot arms. (Egad!) In a related (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: LEGO in Washington Post —Mladen Pejic
   (...) well (...) "useless throwbot arms" That's exactly what Dave was saying not to do. Why destroy a piece when you can work around it? I didn't have to chop off any pieces from my Bionicle ball-joint arms; I incorporated them into the design. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: LEGO in Washington Post —Mark Sandlin
   (...) I didn't chop up the regular ball-joint limbs, just the useless Throwbot Throwing arm (the one that fires the disc) If you know how to "work around" those, I'd sure like to see some ideas, because there's no studs or technic holes or nothin'. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: LEGO in Washington Post —Mladen Pejic
     Oh sorry, I didn't know you were referring to that pieces. ;-) Still, I'm a *bit* of a purist, and think that type of stuff is still wrong. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha)

        Re: LEGO in Washington Post —Dave Johann
   (...) Don't feel bad, Mark. I do it too. It's the one Lego piece that shouldn't exist, but I believe it gave birth to the part we both love-the Bionicle ball with axlehole. I know you had used this part, that's why I didn't mention it in the first (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha)