 Technic / 8602
Re: Lego® Technic Motor (43362) int ernals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:38:44 GMT

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> writes:

In lugnet.technic, Brian B. Alano writes:

From what I can see, it looks like there's room in this motor for an
axle *hole* rather than an axle shaft. What a shame...

It should be fairly easy to saw off the axle and glue a bush to the shortened
axle, thus getting an axlehole instead of the protruding pin.

The mainproblems would be to
- Get the bound strong

Notoriously difficult

- Get the bush centered on the axle

Perhpas some other LEGO part is a better choice since the bushes tend to split,
or one could just improve the bush design with coating of carbon fibers and
glue.

I'd rather use a hacksaw on a technic angle or axle connector.

Main question; Would the center gear/axle thingy stay on place it it does not
protrude the chassis?

Probably not so easily.

Who's up for some surgery?

I'd rather propose the following operation
(totally theoretic, use at your own risk):

Saw of the protruding axle and use a very fine drill
to make an axle whole in the original plastic bit.

I don't own any of the new motors and if I did I would probably not risk it
this way in any case :-)

I don't think there is a difference between old and new motors
in this regard.

I think I should put a Dremel on my wishlist one day :-)

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/