 Technic / 8601
Re: Lego® Technic Motor (43362) internals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:29:48 GMT

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> writes:

Indeed, I see no technical or dimensions problems that would prevent using a
hole. But perhaps that was not possible in 71427 - and compatibility rules !!!

I think it should have been possible there as well
(I have a disassembled 71427 that was broken).

As for compatibility, if you put an axle 2 into the hole
it should be pretty much equivalent, maybe not as strong mechanically.

Another question is why they make a new version.
From the specs it seems to be slightly worse,
so is it cheaper to manufacture or more reliable?
Any ideas?

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>