 Technic / 8600
Re: Lego® Technic Motor (43362) internals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:38:32 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Brian B. Alano writes:
Thanks for the sacrifice!

From what I can see, it looks like there's room in this motor for an
axle *hole* rather than an axle shaft. What a shame...

It should be fairly easy to saw off the axle and glue a bush to the shortened
axle, thus getting an axlehole instead of the protruding pin.

The mainproblems would be to
- Get the bound strong
- Get the bush centered on the axle

Perhpas some other LEGO part is a better choice since the bushes tend to split,
or one could just improve the bush design with coating of carbon fibers and
glue.

Main question; Would the center gear/axle thingy stay on place it it does not
protrude the chassis? Perhaps a modified motor would need a "storing axle" at
all times and careful handling when installing a longer axle?

Who's up for some surgery?

I don't own any of the new motors and if I did I would probably not risk it
this way in any case :-)

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu