 Technic / 7940
Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:28:06 GMT

OK, this is the point. When technic sets went crappy (but still good), sales
went down, not the other way round. When technic sets become as good as they
was, sales will rise. So what exactly do I mean by good?

Function over form. Complexity over juniorisation. So why is this good?

1)because it is !-)
2)When you look at a technic set you can see what it can and can't do.
People and kids alike look at the air tech claw rig and saw it could move,
was motorised, was powered by pneumatics, ect. People and kids saw the
silver cahmpion and saw you could roll it along the floor. If kids attention
spans are getting shorter, then makes sets more fun to build by making them
more complex, not less complex. A model that takes longer to build and is
less chalenging (ie silver champion again) then of course kids with shorter
attention spans would prefer a 8880 type set to a silver champion type set.

Just my thoughts.