 Technic / 7488
Re: Powering motors from the mains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2002 04:30:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Larry Pieniazek writes:

However I would like to point out that the wall wart in my hand (from a 4558
I have handy) (which is stamped "Made In China for the LEGO Group", (sans
any (r) symbol, shame on them, but I digress)) takes in 120V AC & .12 A and
puts out 11 Volts AC & 7VA.

Do wall warts issued for 220 regions put out DC instead? If so that would
tend to be just as likely to burn out the bridge rectifier in the speed
controller if it is expecting AC, would it not? It may be a bit more rugged
than the one in the RCX though.

Ooops! Silly me!

Yes, the Australian (240v) train reg adapter is also 10v AC, so fine to use
with RCX.

ROSCO