 Technic / 5077
Re: Bionicle going away?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 06:41:39 GMT

I just picked up my first bionicle set last weekend and I gotta say, I
really like it. I was a bit cynical after the average throwbots sets, and
the poor roboriders sets; but these sets have redemed the line.

I fully understand why our friends of the technic persuasion are not fond of
these sets. They are a dramatic departure from the space shuttle or formula
one racer that seems to be more popular among this group. I think people are
forgetting that this year TLC is putting out two new 4x4 sets that should
please the hardcore among us, so there is little evidence that bionicle is
causing a shortage on serious technic sets. Besides Cyber slammer was far
worse than bionicle.

Finally with the big popularity in magna and gundam stuff here in the USA I
can see these sets attracting several new people, and that is largely TLC's
goal. These new sets show a great deal of imagination and effort, and rather
than wishing bionicle ill, we should hope that TLC will begin to put as much
effort into existing lines as they have to this one.

Scott
Newest Bionicle fan