 Technic / 15965
Re: Need advice on how to motorize 8274 Harvester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:19:30 GMT

"Stephane Simard" <plague@videotron.ca> wrote in message
Hi all,

Lately I've been looking at my 8274 Combine harvester and can't help but
think
that the big empty space in the back could accomodate the big motor from
pack
8287....

the problem is that the differential is in the front and that part of the
model
is quite dense, it would be quite challenging to build a drivetrain that
goes
from the differential to the back of the machine, all the while not
bothering
the existing mechanisms...

Ideas? I'm not restricting myself to only using parts from 8287 (which
would
make it impossible)

I found the folder on brickshelf above to be of some use if one doesn't
actually have 8274 but wants to try and help solve the motorization problem
Stephanie needs help with.

It looks like photos of various steps and substeps at various stages of
construction for 8274.  It would appear to require modification to a few
assemblies to get motorization through to the crown gear.

I think I'll have to buy 8274 myself.  It looks like quite a challenging
build.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde