 Technic / 15926
15925  |  15927
Subject:
Power Functions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:05:22 GMT

Hi all,

I am surprised that there isn't more discussion on this topic.  LEGO
introduces a new electrical system, there is some hype for a few months
before it comes out and then that's it.  No one seems to be discussing it,
doesn't anyone have any opinions now that we have it?

As for myself, I'm really glad that LEGO finally released a true remote
control system.  I am also really glad that LEGO finally introduced some
powerful motors (although they still tend to be lacking for the size I like
to build).

However this 4 wire system - was it really necessary?  I can't help but feel
that LEGO really did one over on enthusiasts like me.  I don't see any
benefit that this four wire system brought to building electical/mechanical
models.  Well, with one exception - a person can now piggyback power off any
terminal, but really I could have easily done without this.  The other thing
that somewhat turns me off is the size of the connector.  Before we could
rotate a connector 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees.  We could also use electrical
plates to move a bulky connector over.  We have lost this flexibility.

Does anyone else feel let down about the four wire system?  Perhaps in the
future it will be apparent as to why this system was brought to life, but
for now I can't help but feel disappointed.