 Technic / 15140
    Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO? —Robert G Fay
    "Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:IvKtn1.16vD@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) may give some ideas. I made a nut out of two 8 tooth gears and used a string of worm gears as a lead screw, but I cannot find the picture. The best (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO? —Geoffrey Hyde
   Those are some interesting milling machines there Bob. How do you think they'd look if built in the newer studless beams? Do you think there'd be any insurmountable rigidity problems building with studless beams? I noticed you had one long worm gear (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)

    "Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:IvLB88.1D9t@lugnet.com... (...) Actually the gears cannot rotate as they are meshed with each other. This causes them not only to support the screw, but act as a nut creating linear (...) (18 years ago, 4-Mar-06, to lugnet.technic)