 Technic / 14971
Re: Mechanical obstacle avoider
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 07:41:23 GMT

Thanks Ignacio and Philo for the nice comments!  I hadn't seen "Rock Stupid
Rover" - very interesting.

The idea of "mechanical computing" is fascinating.  Some kind of signal
amplification using a power source seems essential if one is to make complex
circuits.  Pneumatics provide one way to do this - a mechanical way would be
very nice...

Alexander