 Technic / 14693
Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 23:26:50 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Over the last few weeks, I've been working on a pneumatic hexapod that moves one
leg at a time.

<snip>

Will it also work with a four-legged version?
In lugnet.technic, http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=14603 Kevin Clague wrote:
Now I know what to build next..... a four legged walker that lifts one leg
at a time.
Since you've kept the modularity, the pneumatic circuit should be a doddle, with
5 large cylinders, 16 small cylinders and 21 switches.  It's just the weight
bearing that might be more of a challenge, assuming you use the same type of
legs.

I doodled up the four legged version.  It uses 2n+1 pistons, and 5n+1 switches.
As I guessed, one less switch that then hex formulas.

Mark

If anyone wants to see this schematic, just let me know.

Kev