 Technic / 14502
  Liebherr LG 1750

Greetings all- Having just gotten another of the 8421 cranes (total is 2) I decided on a whim to build the Liebherr LG 1750 (it is possible to build the chassis using these two sets). I set to work yesterday on the chassis, in the afternoon, and (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

Hey nice chasis, I like the underside shot where you can see all the steered wheels. Hmmm, what are your thoughts on the strength of the center of the chasis? Looks like some more latice work will come in to play when you keep building to keep it (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) For a while now I've been wanting to build a vehicle with multiple evenly spaced steered axles. The difference this time being that instead of using gearing to generate the different steering angles required I'd like to use fixed links (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

This model incorporates geared steering (I don't need to tell you how difficult it is to turn the darn thing! If you are to build something as complex and big as this, DO NOT go for geared steering. (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) Earlier today I started on the driver's cab (again using the cab of the set 8421 as a base, I was able to modify it, ie give it doors that open and close). It didn't take too much time, but what was a real problem was the pins. After pushing (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) (URL) Your Hands Need a Spa!> wow, from 3 years ago e (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) On a related note, I stubbed my toe quite badly yesterday, in very close proximity to some Meccano. It's still throbbing now. Steve (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) Well I didnt bother working out the exact lengths, but I found (URL) this technique> works ok. I've since refined it to allow normal steering and crab steering, and anything in between, but have yet to actually complete a MOC using it. ROSCO (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

I just reorganised my picture folders. Here is the new folder, with pics of the cab. Enjoy! (URL) (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) That wouldn't work with my design as there is very little room in the middle. I'd intended to link the opposing wheels with just a normal bar. The linkages between axles are going to run down just the left (or right) side. Steve (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) members on lugnet for at least a year- maybe more. He finally is able to build THE crane that he has wanted to build for some time. Rock on dude! (...) (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) further along than it is now. :( e (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

Is it a lot easier to turn than using gears? Also, is it possible to hook this system up to a steering wheel? (19 years ago, 21-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) There is no requirement to have the main linkage down the centre, although that does simplify it somewhat. Those pics are only the basic prototype of the idea ;) ROSCO (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) I drive the steering via a linkage to the very end of the main drive beam. ROSCO (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) Hello all- I might have to put what I have done on hold for a while (I have to figure out how to incorporate pneumatics to push out the outriggers, as well as making the base for the turntable). In fact, I might have to strip the whole thing (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)