 Technic / 11731
  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

Hi Jennifer It was definitely worth to wait for your newest marvel! It's wheter a CAT nor a Liebherr - finally a model that is truly different from what we've seen so far ;-) When I saw the first pictures, I thought 1x6 tiles on the crawlers would (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Very true. In addition to this, had I applied 1x6 tiles the superstructure would have fouled on them when slewing, there was not enough clearance between the superstructure and the tracks to allow the fitting of 1x6 tiles. (...) I used quite a (...) (20 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Never tried that one - nice space saving idea. What I tried some time ago was to use plates with the studs on the side so that the track runs over the edge of it. This allows to build very narrow track frames. If I remember right, in a very (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) In my crawler crane I used axle pins with 1/2 bush on them, see (URL) here>. These didnt really rotate much either, but the bush fitted nicely in the centre of the tracks keeping them nicely aligned. Of course mine wasn't motorised... (...) (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

beat.felber@fhso.ch (Beat Felber) wrote in <HpC78s.1szu@lugnet.com>: (...) The disadvantage of this construction is that the track links are liable to snag on the edges of the plate. (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

Hello Could you please let us know when you have posted the CAD files. I would love to build one. Thanks (20 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)