 Technic / 10250
Re: Dear Lego, please stop doing whatever business thing you did that lead to the 8466 4x4 off-roader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 1 May 2003 01:34:42 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steven Lane writes:

<snip>

I wasn't asking for either, the guy who started the thread wanted the 8466 I
was simply saying the 8880 was a better set for 4x4 parts (4x4 parts being
the reason for buying either set). I doubt Lego would make special steering
parts especially for accessory packs, although it would be great if they
did, and a lot cheaper.

The problem I see is the most of the responders to this thread don't want a
set for the models it creates, they want it for the parts.  I say fooey to
the parts, you can get those on Bricklink, I want cool looking sets and as
far a the 8466 (or 8448,8458,8461) is concerned, I think it's cool looking.
The 8880 also looks cool but I like the new panels based vehicle better.

-Orion

P.S.  If you don't like the green then but some different colored panels and
hoses on Bricklink

P.P.S  How about yellow?  http://ldraw.pobursky.com/images/8466comb.PNG
(althought I think yellow wouldn't be possible given the released panel colors)