 Star Wars / 16630
Re: Star Destroyer MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:49:20 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dan Efran wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, William R. Ward wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Dan Efran wrote:
<http://www.efran.org/embassy/lego-mini-sd.html>

Am I right in thinking that this is built using a mix of old and new grey
pieces?  It sure looks that way in the last photo.  If so, I wonder if this is
the first MOC posted on Lugnet that uses both shades of grey together?

Yes, I used some new gray. Looks awful, doesn't it?

The new gray looks bad compared to the old gray, when one is trying for a model
that has an all-new uniformed color look. But think of models of large older
vessels that's been around for a few hull-patches and repaints... :)

I don't mind the new grays, but I do wish TLC would keep the old grays as well.