 Space / 7058
Re: Two new MOCS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:50:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Norman Mensing writes:

Looks nice. To me the middle fuselage looks a bit too light / short compared
to the "wings". On the other hand if you make it longer, it might not look
that "clawish" anymore...

I actually toyed with a longer fuselage but it just didn't look right to me.
I also tried a thicker fuselage but that made it look stubby.  I kind of
liked the idea of the light somewhat vulnerable looking fuselage protected
by the large heavily armored wings, so I stuck with it.

And how about adding two 1x3x1-22,5°slopes behind the front weapons so they
merge better with the hull (does that make sense?)
Apart from that - cool model, and nice matching name.

-Norman

I think I can visualize what you're saying and I think that would improve
the look a bit... I'll have to experiment with it.  Thanks!

As to the name, that actually took longer to come up with than the model
took to build... <G>  I sat down with about five MOCs in front of me and
decided to name each one.  After naming the other four my mind was a blank
for this one.  Three days of on and off thinking later it popped into my
head as I was trying to fall asleep... :)

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus