 Space / 6552
Subject:
The Lords of Space - PowerPoint Slide Presentation (expansion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:28:48 GMT

This post has two purposes -- gratitude and proposal.

I'd thought I'd take a moment to extend gratitude to those who I regard as
mentors in getting me back into LEGO space after an 18-year hiatus.

Picture, if you will, a vast hall made of finest white marble, in Greek
style, complete with Doric columns. Positioned around a sunken speaking
floor is a semi-circular section rising fifteen feet above the floor and
containing 29 thrones, all of which are occupied by scholarly-looking chaps
in robes. Suddenly, from the hall entrance comes the sound of a closing
door, and in walks a humble-looking figure, obviously awed by the entire affair.

The twenty-nine heads stop speaking and all turn to gaze down upon the
visitor, many with one raised eyebrow.

OK, OK, it's a bit cheesy but still...

Before I even became a LUGNET member (which has only been for one month), I
was on Brickshelf desperately seeking ideas for LEGO building projects. So I
started perusing the individual sites. One by one, I came across some
awesome spaceships and started downloading the images under folders named
for the individual builders. Before long, I had 79 pictures organized under
29 folders.

These I put into a PowerPoint slide presentation for the sole purpose of
using as a kind of online LEGO idea book. Then I posted it to Brickshelf. It
is still there at:

Now I am seriously considering expanding that original presentation, given
the welcome but unexpected explosion that has taken place with LEGO Space of
late.

The original 29 "mentors" are:

Geordan Ballantree
Tim Courtney (of Mark I Destroyer fame)
Adrian Drake
Nathan Falslev
Chris Giddens
Brandon Grifford (along with TC, of Mark IV Destroyer fame)
Paul Hanson
Bob Hayes
Joel Hoornbeek
Greg Howell
Elliot Hyde
James Jackson
Daniel Jassim (quite simply, the Master)
Kyle Keppler (this boy desparately needs a Galaxy Explorer, folks)
Bram Lambrecht
Wayne McCaul
Jonathan Mizner
Jon Palmer
Joel Parker
David Pena
Trevor Pruden (AstroLift King)
TR Sammis
Mark Sandlin (Admiral)
JJ Sierra
Jeremy Sproat
Mike Steele
Scott Thomas
Ed Toton III
Sun Yun

- Thank you for freely displaying your creations. They were all very inspiring.

If you want your name or a particular creation removed from either
presentation, please send me a civil email or respond to this post. (Kyle -
I received your instruction.)

Keep those badass models coming!

Peace,

Pat

Re: The Lords of Space - PowerPoint Slide Presentation (expansion)