 Space / 44
  Re: Space stations?

(...) very (...) Hmm, now that you mention it, mine sticks a bit too. "Snug" or "tight" would be appropriate terms for the M3 pocket doors. But that's because they're pocket types, the basic design concept that we both used. You've completely (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) out (...) how the (...) stable (...) If this is a space station, gravity isn't necessarily a concern. Connections could be weak if the station was assembled in orbit and stayed in orbit. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 23-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) That's quite true. But I was thinking of situations where gravity would have some small influence on the station itself, perhaps with cumulative effects over time, such as being in a planet's orbit with a nearby moon pulling at it, however (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) Yes, there should be at least a minimum opening standard for each DP type. The sealing surface spec will settle the question of maximum opening. (...) Depends on how absent-minded your crew is. And whether the safety locks are reliable. :) (...) (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) True. But I was thinking about if I wanted to actually build something. You know, without the computer. Steve (25 years ago, 24-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) How about working in some sort of locking connector. Could be as simple as indents for 1x2 bricks, or could be more complex like a set of vertical pins which a technic beam is connected to (the half beams would make nice connectors). In real (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) <snip> (...) Hmm, intriguing. I like the idea of something else taking the brunt of the weight other than the pins, but still keeping the pins to keep things together. I don't have to keep the pins as connectors of course, but they make for a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)