 Space / 41770
Re: BSG Viper MkII MOC (Updated with pictures!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:51:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Douglas R. Clark wrote:
   Thanks for the kind words regarding this MOC. All my bricklink orders have come in and I have updated my brickshelf gallery with photos of the real thing.

click the pic when moderated

I used my UCS X-wing “scala flower pots” for engines rather than the small plastic wheels for the photos only. I think they look better but am not willing to pay the $55/piece market rate on bricklink. The model does not look bad with the wheels as engines either.

I have also posted an updated .lxf file in the gallery as well. It incorporates some slight modifications as a result of the build.

Overall the I am very happy with the way this model turned out. With all the SNOT work, it was somewhat difficult going together but is fairly solid when built. The weakest link is the single hinged 1x2 brick holding the port/starboard engine pod/wing assemblies on. As a result, the model is a bit fragile but holds together well enough to be swooshed around the room.

I am also happy with how the landing gear turned out.

I might add some hardpoints for ordnance or fuel pods in the future but I consider it largely done for now.

Thanks for looking, drc

I want 10!

Seriously, that’s as close to BSG as I think possible!

The CAD was beautiful, but this--i’m at a loss for words!

Very nicely done!

Dave K