 Space / 40766
40765  |  40767
Subject:
Spaceship Surface Transport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 21:41:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Designed to move spacecraft as large as the LL 924 from the landing pad to on-site maintenance facilities, this “big rig” has also proven useful for other endeavors. During the first human-experienced 24-year megaflood on the planet Circlet, the gigantic machine proved invaluable in carrying colonists to high ground after available air and space vehicles had been filled to capacity. Its sheer size has been known to frighten away some of the more aggressive xenomorphs, such as the crystalcougar and ironskunk.

Though some Spaceship Surface Transports have been modified to operate in near vacuum, such as on Luna, the standard design includes an air-breathing big-bore V-12 fueled by hydrogen that is garnered from solar-power-based electrolysis. Aided by the latest in autonavigation systems, the vehicle can drive without human aid, though often a human pilot is employed to ensure smooth operations.

Modularity is a key component to this machine’s versatility. The “AE-35” antenna has proven quite useful in long-distance and satellite-based communication. Additional high-powered “sensors” are indispensable for travel on worlds that have those rare block-headed and vicious xenomorphs that don’t seem to have a sense of fear, such as freak-woks. These devices can spot exobiological dangers from kilometers away, quite useful in neutralizing the problem. The modular hard-points can also accommodate other items, such as seats, storage facilities and porta-johns.

I expect to display this Classic Space truck at BrickFest 2007, Portland.

-best,

Wolf