 Space / 38885
Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Adam Skelding wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Along with the thinness, we are also going to arrange modules so that tall ones are behind the short ones. The display is going to be ~3 modules wide, so it would work like Tall-Medium-Short. This should give equal viewing access to all of the modules. -Lenny

Thanks for the response. Just to be devil’s advocate, what if another BlackTron Intelligence Agency super module comes along? It was about 4x4 baseplates I think... (I only wish I had that many bricks...) I’m sure somebody out there right now is thinking “Hmmm I could build a moonbase that is 5x5 baseplates big...”

Adam.

Actually, from this picture it looks like it was 2x2. 4x4 is pretty darn huge - that would be 60 inches x 60 inches - or 5ft by 5ft. That would be great.

If something that big just happens to show up at fest, Dan and I will make whatever changes necessary to make room for it. It is best to let us know before hand if something that big is coming, so that we can make special arrangements. But I don’t see it as a fatal problem to our current plan. Part of the Moonbase will be wider than the rest.

-Lenny

Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005
   Actually, from this picture it looks like it was 2x2. 4x4 is pretty darn huge - that would be 60 inches x 60 inches - or 5ft by 5ft. That would be great.

If something that big just happens to show up at fest, Dan and I will make whatever changes necessary to make room for it. It is best to let us know before hand if something that big is coming, so that we can make special arrangements.

Translation: Fill out the MOC Card form! That’s how the coordinators know what’s coming and how they can plan. Big OR small, every creation that shows up should have a MOC card in the system... it really really really helps a lot.

   But I don’t see it as a fatal problem to our current plan. Part of the Moonbase will be wider than the rest.

-Lenny

MOC Cards are GREAT!! was Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005
   Actually, from this picture it looks like it was 2x2. 4x4 is pretty darn huge - that would be 60 inches x 60 inches - or 5ft by 5ft. That would be great.

If something that big just happens to show up at fest, Dan and I will make whatever changes necessary to make room for it. It is best to let us know before hand if something that big is coming, so that we can make special arrangements.

Translation: Fill out the MOC Card form! That’s how the coordinators know what’s coming and how they can plan. Big OR small, every creation that shows up should have a MOC card in the system... it really really really helps a lot.

Yes, Larry understands me well. And actually, there is a bit of information about HOW to fill out your MOC card for Moonbase modules in the original announcements that would also help out.

MOC Cards are AWESOME!!!

-Lenny

Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005
picture> it looks like it was 2x2.  4x4 is pretty darn huge - that would
be 60
inches x 60 inches - or 5ft by 5ft.  That would be great.

If something that big just happens to show up at fest, Dan and I will make
whatever changes necessary to make room for it.  It is best to let us know
before hand if something that big is coming, so that we can make special
arrangements.  But I don't see it as a fatal problem to our current plan.
Part
of the Moonbase will be wider than the rest.

-Lenny

Hi Lenny,
I'm trying to get my schedule switched around so I can come to BrickFest
again this year. If I can make it, I'd like to bring my newest BIA. This is
the last time it was displayed in February, however it's grown a lil' since
then
It is stand alone or can be hooked up to the moonbase. It covers 4 x 6
baseplate area (24 large grey baseplates).  The monorail runs in and through
extending out to other moonbase modules. I've got lots more monorail track
if anyone wants to hook modules up throughout the moonbase.
Would there be room to set the BIA up this year?
Thanks in advance,
Brian Darrow

Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005
I'm trying to get my schedule switched around so I can come to BrickFest
again this year. If I can make it, I'd like to bring my newest BIA. This is
the last time it was displayed in February, however it's grown a lil' since
then
It is stand alone or can be hooked up to the moonbase. It covers 4 x 6
baseplate area (24 large grey baseplates).  The monorail runs in and through
extending out to other moonbase modules. I've got lots more monorail track
if anyone wants to hook modules up throughout the moonbase.
Would there be room to set the BIA up this year?

Haha, Brian!  You called me on my bluff!

But really, there will be more than enough room.  Make sure you make a MOC Card
for the BIA, and I'll make sure I have some extra width for it!

-Lenny