 Space / 38229

Subject:
Eastern Block T-49 C.R.U.S.H.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:32:56 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

“I will crush those who stand before me.” http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=119727 for the moderated masses... deeplink: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hallman/Ground/T-49/dread1.jpg to dread9

The new Eastern Block T-49 “C.R.U.S.H.” Combat Reflex Unit Surface Hardware is the recent answer to 3vil and PCS hardware build up. Primarily to compete against the 3vil Hovertank (both), DEEPFRAH, and the PCS LASER.

It is armed with a heavy combat-version Tesla Coil, similar to the E34/T but only larger voltage. It also has a compliment of 24 SRMs, and a Twin Frapcannon.

The CRUSHs are piloted by soldiers fallen in battle, who give their bodies to the State to become a organic processor unit for these machines. It is also piloted by brainwashed, captured soldiers on some instances.

(obviously inspired by the WH40K Dreadnought, thanks to Sandlin for help along design.)

Re: Eastern Block T-49 C.R.U.S.H.
   “I will crush those who stand before me.” [snipped pic] http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=119727 for the moderated masses... deeplink: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hallman/Ground/T-49/dread1.jpg to dread9

The new Eastern Block T-49 “C.R.U.S.H.” Combat Reflex Unit Surface Hardware is the recent answer to 3vil and PCS hardware build up. Primarily to compete against the 3vil Hovertank (both), DEEPFRAH, and the PCS LASER.

It is armed with a heavy combat-version Tesla Coil, similar to the E34/T but only larger voltage. It also has a compliment of 24 SRMs, and a Twin Frapcannon.

Mmmmm, beefy. I would not want to meet this guy in battle, that’s fo’ shurr. As was said elsewhere, the various angledeverywhereness of this guy rocks. I also like the finishing touches of the “trophies”. The only suggestion I have would be to change the Tesla Coil so that it tapers more. I dunno what the Dreadnaught looks like but I think the effect might be better.

   The CRUSHs are piloted by soldiers fallen in battle, who give their bodies to the State to become a organic processor unit for these machines. It is also piloted by brainwashed, captured soldiers on some instances.

Now, Rick, I could be wrong but that sounds a tad 3vil to me. Where’d you find your scientists?

Thanks for sharing.

- /-\ndrew

Re: Eastern Block T-49 C.R.U.S.H.
   “I will crush those who stand before me.” http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=119727 for the moderated masses... deeplink: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hallman/Ground/T-49/dread1.jpg to dread9

The new Eastern Block T-49 “C.R.U.S.H.” Combat Reflex Unit Surface Hardware is the recent answer to 3vil and PCS hardware build up. Primarily to compete against the 3vil Hovertank (both), DEEPFRAH, and the PCS LASER.

It is armed with a heavy combat-version Tesla Coil, similar to the E34/T but only larger voltage. It also has a compliment of 24 SRMs, and a Twin Frapcannon.

The CRUSHs are piloted by soldiers fallen in battle, who give their bodies to the State to become a organic processor unit for these machines. It is also piloted by brainwashed, captured soldiers on some instances.

This looks like a major appliance gone horribly wrong...some kind of industrial washer/dryer with the legs of a Soviet olympic power-lifter. Is it coin operated? Maybe you should substitute a circular viewing port to complete the image. I think the Tesla Coil is my favorite detail...very cool and original. I don’t think I’ve seen such a device on a mech before. You are one of the few builders who consistently designs for the EB theme well, the mocs are more than just a color scheme and a Russian sounding name.

Exellent work, Mr. Rick

-Keith

Re: Eastern Block T-49 C.R.U.S.H.