 Space / 34196
Re: So I was building a robot...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 04:31:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ryan Wood wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Joe Meno wrote:
   I present RoboJeeves.

PLMKWYT!

Joe Meno, .Space Paparazzi and a whole bunch of other titles:)

Without seeing the moderated gallery, I can still say I like this. Cartoony but with good bits of realistic detail. The legs lend themselves to the caricature of a butler, but they just look so darn weak that I feel bad for the poor bot. I’m sure his master kids him all the time about his chicken legs. :(

Fun stuff, Joe!

--Ryan W.

Ryan,

Thanks! This was one happy accident after another in building:) I think I was actually thinking about Woody Allen in Sleeper (a really funny movie, I might add) while I was building the butler.

And the legs are goofy, but the whole model is a whimsical thing anyways, so I wasn’t too concerned with realism. Sad thing is, RoboJeeves can only goosestep. But if the master kids peeve him off, he can punt them a good 40-50 yards:)

Joe .space paparazzi! Who’s going to be at BrickFest Washington DC!