 Space / 32736
Re: SmartCart MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 14:47:49 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Ley Ward wrote:
   Have you ever said to yourself “if I only had a brain...“? Well, just think about how often this would occur to the various appliances, bots and droids strewn about your moonbase, laboratory, headquarters for world domination, or even your recreation room, if they only had a brain to ponder with.

Whateverly labs has solved this conundrum by utilizing leftover brains (don’t ask) to add a level of thought and awareness not previously possible for such devices. We present the first of these handy household/moonbase/research facility gadgets: the SmartCart™

Yes, click on the picture and SmartCart™ will take you to its very own Brickshelf gallery. Now, ain’t that handy?

We use SmartCart™ for so many uses around the lab, we don’t know how we managed without it. Its dual tilt cargo supports can handle the most awkward ‘stuff’ while its ‘just-about-in-time’ self-lubrication sytem insures that the wheels make that endearing “skeeka-skeeka-skeeka” sound.

Enjoy and PLMKWYT

Peace and gadgets,

Professor Whateverly

Those of us at the Brain-trust find this development a bit frightening, and a bit offensive. We who have cast aside our fleshy bodie in order to concentrate fully on intellectual pursuits must emphasize the purity of the transformation. That you would subject some poor individual to the indignity of serving as your table is deeply disturbing to us. Do not be suprised if we raid your labs to liberate our brother!

-Dan Rubin

Chair of the Cyber-braintrust

PS: if the brain in your cart is actually a dog brain or a monkey brain or something, then carry on, it’s fine by us.

PPS: In all seriousness, I am currently working on a moonbase module for the brain-trust, a consulting group which links many brains in jars, some of which will have some sophisticated bodies. I really wish you would stop coming up with the same sort of ideas that I do at about the same time Ley, it’s starting to look like we’re cheating.