 Space / 32420
Re: Space Cargo Container Standard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:42:40 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
The modular cab & thruster assemblies rendevous with long-range
hyperspace haulers in orbit above the moonbase and bring TEU's down to
the surface.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/TEU/cargo-lighter-1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/TEU/cargo-lighter-4.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/TEU/cargo-lighter-12.jpg

Cool.  The modular nature of these containers really enhance their utility.  I'm
really liking the Moonbase attachment points on all four sides.

On the surface, the TEU's are transferred to rail lines
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/TEU/cargotrain.jpg

I like the way that you join the modules to the single wheel sets.  This is
similar to the way I've seen truck/rail containers transferred.  Also, it
minimizes the height of the train so that it has less of a chance of hitting
something while it is on the Moonbase track.

The cab/thruster units can also be used to land pre-fab moonbase modules
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/TEU/cargo-mb-delivery.jpg

Wow.  Those cab/thruster units must be pretty powerful.  :)

Jason, I really like all of this.  As always, keep up the great work!

Jeff