 Space / 31825
Re: Is it just me, or...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 02:50:49 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   Is .space- and all of Lugnet, for that matter- really quiet? I know, I’m contributing to the problem by not posting, but I’ve been grounded off the computer lately and so I haven’t been able to post.

Just checked .space, and no posts for a day. .Castle has more traffic, and classic-castle.com has had even more. Yes, its Spring Break, but last week was very quiet, too.

I think we need something around here to revitalize the .space community, something to encourage people to sign up and also encourage old posters who are lurkers (or worse) to post. Perhaps we might even need to follow .Castle (*gasp*) and start our own website- a classic-space.com- to liven things up? Lugnet is really nice, but I think without something new the whole community stagnates.

Just some thoughts.

-JHK

John,

I’m sorry if I seem like I’m comming down on you but you made a nearly identical post like this just over a month ago.

I guess I find it a bit annoying since you complain about the lack of “community” but your solution is to futher dilute the community by starting a new site?? Wouldn’t the new site be made up primarily by the people who are already here? So, how would that make things different or more lively? What specifically could be done on a new site to prevent stagnation that can’t be done here on lugnet? I’ve never visited the castle website, so what does it offer that lugnet.space does not? How exactly would a new site draw out any lurkers? If you want to start a new site, the by all means, do so. I just don’t understand what intrinsic qualities that a new site would have in its functionality that would make the community any better. I mean the quality of the community is determined by the people in it rather than the hardware/software that is hosting it.

There can be any number of reasons for the dip in posts. It happens from time to time. Maybe everybody is busy trying to finish their last minute P-38 entries (I’m still trying to get mine posted sometime this week). Actually, I kind of enjoy the lower post rates lately; seems like more good MOCs vs. idle banter about some missing admrial or something ;-) but hey thats just me.

drc