 Space / 31790
Re: Is it just me, or...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 02:22:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer wrote:
   Is .space- and all of Lugnet, for that matter- really quiet? I know, I’m contributing to the problem by not posting, but I’ve been grounded off the computer lately and so I haven’t been able to post.

Just checked .space, and no posts for a day. .Castle has more traffic, and classic-castle.com has had even more. Yes, its Spring Break, but last week was very quiet, too.

I think we need something around here to revitalize the .space community, something to encourage people to sign up and also encourage old posters who are lurkers (or worse) to post. Perhaps we might even need to follow .Castle (*gasp*) and start our own website- a classic-space.com- to liven things up? Lugnet is really nice, but I think without something new the whole community stagnates.

Just some thoughts.

-JHK

Well, it looks like a few people are at least paying attention. And, here comes my 2 cents...

Thanks for the thoughts, JHK; here’s some back at you.

I imagine there might be a bit of a post-BrickFest lull, and as others have said, it’s a busy time. I know I’ve had smaller windows in which to post than I’d like. So, I have a backlog of posts (ie. comments to make and responses to other posts as well as MOCs to show.) on top of a backlog of things to photograph, and things to make. I get the chance to lurk at times and each time I do, I get more ideas to add to the pile.

But wait, there’s more for that 2 cents; idle speculation.

There is so much to keep up with on Lugnet that I think we sometimes get worried when there’s a lull. I think we’ll be seeing some amazing stuff from some of the ‘usual suspects’ soon. A lull exists so that we may appreciate the excitement more when it appears.

I think a lot of energy has been put into the colour and quality debate, which would ordinarily go into other things. I have often checked .space to find it relatively quiet, while a debate rages wildly off in some other corner.

I think there are still a lot of lurkers out there, who could use some encouragement. (You know who you are. C’mon and join in the fun!) I know that I was quite entertained in my lurking days, but I sure wish I’d joined sooner.

I think that the active threads part in .space could have a longer timeframe. I’ve often had the thought of responding to a post later, but then lost it when later for me became several days later. It’s been considerably busier in .space than on many other pages, so things flash by a lot quicker and you can miss a lot if you ‘blink’ for a day or two. May I suggest, digging back through old posts to see what you may have missed or troll Brickshelf for stuff which doesn’t make it to Lugnet(1)

Hey, if you think this is quiet, check out the Belville page.

Peace and rambling

Professor Whateverly

(1) Or are you too tired of seeing every possible permutation of Bionicle parts in soft focus. ;-)