 Space / 28536
Re: a perfect day for something new
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 22:55:55 GMT

Well, I’ll just add my praise to everyone else’s.

I dig the Calypso. I think it looks like 1970 or 80s artist renderings of what future advanced spacecraft might look like. I also really did the huge engine clusters mounted towards the rear of the ship. Very cool. Additionally, I also like the deviation from PCS by using trans-blue shields, and the front cockpit is great.

Now, on to the Ice Goblin. I know that distaste for the IP color scheme has already been mentioned, but I must entirely disagree. IP was the first year that I was able to buy the entire team with my own money and not just wish for the sets for Christmas - so IP will always have a special place in my heart. Your mech does the team justice. My favorite parts are the ski-feet and the cannons. I do think that it may look a little less, well ‘glowing’ if the 4x4 trans-orange radar dishes on the side of the cockpit were white or blue. But it still looks marvelous as is, and a dramatic improvement over the Ice Goblin I, which was impressive itself. I look forward to seeing your other IP projects you alluded to. I have an IP capital ship in the works as part of my capital ship project. I can’t wait to see your stuff.

Steve