 Space / 26982
Re: Next UCS Set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:22:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Alex Cruz wrote:

I’m not sure that the Falcon would be a guarantee. I think if Lego does make a ship, it would be a HUGE sell if it was the Falcon. But, there are certainly more ships that they can choose from like Slave 1. Somehow though, I don’t think they’d go down that path now that there have been (technically) 2 system sets of Slave 1. I was thinking maybe something like the Super ISD from “Return of the Jedi” ;-)

-alex

I’d put my money on a tie-in with the next movie. Given the fans’ love for the Falcon, Lucas is probably trying to work it into the next movie, for marketing tie-in reasons. (my speculation only) That would also make it a logical choice for a UCS set, especially since the System-scale Falcon was so lame (except as a grey parts pack).

James Wilson Dallas, TX