 Space / 25823
Re: The Kalashnikov is ready for Battle.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 23:32:23 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Comrades,

The Office of the Jr.Marshal is pleased to announce the completion of its latest and greatest project: The Long-Range Interstellar Strategic Warship, the Kalashnikov.

Looking good Lenny! Your best work so far. I like the overall shape, and the interior is nicely detailed. Oh, and are those modified Outer Rim nacalles I see? :)

Very nice work, though allow me to make a few suggestions.

1. The overall look of it is great, but it looks a little too flat. Some sort of gradual sloping up or large dish or something will help make the the top not look as flat. The ridge at the front is a good example of this.
2. The color scheme, while well chosen, is a bit too random. Try too keep the little solo bits of red pieces down. Basically, think this way:
*Main color scheme, fill the body up mostly with this one color
*Highlight color: add highlights like lines or ‘lumps’ in this color.
*Greeblie color- can be any of the above, or different. Fill in gaps and corners with greeblies of this color.

I think these tips will help make the ship look a little more unified.

Keep it up!

-JHK