 Space / 25907
Re: The Kalashnikov is ready for Battle.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:38:59 GMT

   Very nice work. I like the balance of detailing and coloured slopes - although I’m not usually a fan of such over-greebling, for a PCS analogue it seems about right ;-) Are those side thingies 1/3 of the way along (with the canopies) detachable pods? They kind of look like they have their own directional thrusters, some pointing inwards and all.

Hey Paul, Thanks for the comments. Over-greebling? Heh, well, it’s just so much fun to do, and i guess i tend to get carried away.

The “side thingies” are escape pods, and maybe also mini-shuttles that could be re-used. However, there are air-lock issues to take care of. I haven’t quite figured out a way to do airlocks for a shuttle that isn’t insanely huge. But yes, you identified the pod’s directional thrusters quite well.

Part of the reason I haven’t explicated the whole thing is because most of it can be found on my mocpages site, which also shows fairly detailed ‘in progress’ pictures.

-Jr.Mar.Hoffman