 Space / 21
    Re: Space stations? —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   Duane: (...) Well, my view was more something like the space station at the "centre of the uiverse" in Valerian et Laureline[1], so Tom's space station modules would be an ideal starting point although I would try to hook them up with some living (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Space stations? —Duane Hess
   (...) My only argument for using the baseplates is to show off land-based vehicles. If someone could figure out a decent way of doing so using a space station theme, I would go with that. I find a modular system much more appealing. Could we expand (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Space stations? —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   Duane: (...) I think the most appropriate solution would be a "moon base" and a "space station" as two different environments, but most likely with lots of traffic between the two. (...) I don't really think typical space vehicles belong on a space (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Space stations? —Duane Hess
   (...) That works. How would we provide continuity between the two? Story-wise I mean. Would we have a page dedicated to each environment? (...) True. It makes sense when you say it that way. Do you mean a cart like here: (URL) How about "Station (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Space stations? —Jacob Sparre Andersen
     Duane: (...) I don't know. I suppose that will be up to the base commander and the president of the station council. I would definitely use two different pages for the ground and space environments, but with lots of possibilities to be beamed (...) (25 years ago, 22-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Space stations? —David Leese
      Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote in message ... (...) Or, if you prefer (and I certainly would) you could have the characters and goods or cargo or whatever transported by an interplanetary vehicle - yet more options! Star Trek only had beaming because (...) (25 years ago, 26-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Space stations? —Patrick Leahy
   (...) Here's an idea: Remember Lando Calrissian's Cloud City on Bespin? Something like that might look cool... Z (24 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)