 Space / 20047
Re: New MOC: Luna Spire Moonbase Super-module
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:03:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht writes:

Yes, this will be coming to Brickfest.  One thing I realized with the first
design was that I hadn't made it very easy to transport, so I built this one
with that very clearly in mind.  The top slides right off of the elevator
shaft.  The supports are held on only by some Technic pins.  The elevator shaft
also slides out of the base, and the base breaks up into nine 32x32 sections.

Cool.  Now I only have to hope that I can get the vacation time from work
and hitch a ride with someone to get there. :-)

I only have to hope that Adrian doesn't bring as much stuff as he did last year.

You're still traveling with that freak? :-)

I think that's often a problem with large MOCs...I appreciate Eric Sophie's
work much more after seeing it at BricksWest last year too.  On the other hand,
a great thing about larger work is that it impresses anyone who sees it,
whether they're into Lego or not.

Agreed.  It's always difficult to convey the level of detail of anything
remotely large in pictures; you just need to see it.  And it's cool how
non-lego people seem to really be interested in the really large stuff.
When I read the above I thought instantly of a college buddy of mine.  Gave
me all kind of crap about "still playing with Lego".  That is, until I
showed him Jennifer Clark's stuff.

-Chris