 Space / 19029
Re: Not entirely clear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:51:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Erik Boons writes:

Hi Markham,

Maybe you're right, but I happen to live overseas (Netherlands) and I must
say I have never seen a Blacktron I set before which includes trans-yellow
hoses?!
But if they do exist I would really love to see a picture of it which proves
that.

By the way, the Blacktron I sets have been released in Holland in 1988, not
including the 6954 Renegade nor the 1875 Meteor Monitor from 1990.
(I also never understood why this nice Value Pack set got white bricks
included instead of yellow ones?!)

Comments are always welcome!

Erik Boons

Thanks for the info, luckily I was able to get four trans yellow panels and
six solid yellow hoses on the 'net, so I can complete them either way.

I must admit I thought the pieces on the Invader were probably wrong and I
had already bought replacements just in case.

As for the hoses, it appears this is still a matter of debate! I'm fairly
sure 6954 Renegade wasn't available in the UK, thanks to my older brother I
have an extensive set of Lego leaflets and catalogues from the time and none
of them show the Renegade. As to the hoses... I don't know. I guess if it's
still inconclusive I'll just go with whichever look better, but I'd like to
know the correct ones, or if there were two different releases.

I thought the white elements in 1875 Meteor Monitor were a bit strange
too... perhaps it's the missing link between Blacktron I and Blacktron II
who did use white elements!

Stephen