 Space / 19014
19013  |  19015
Subject:
Not entirely clear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:15:49 GMT

Hi, er, I'm new to this whole thing, and I need some information on Space
Lego (well there's a surprise(!))
      So, yes, I'm a huge Space fan, been collecting since I was 6, but
unfortunately there was plenty of Space Lego I was too young to get. Now
through the internet I've started buying some of it, although I don't have
the kind of cash to go for MISB sets.
      Point is, I've noticed very occassionally there'll be some
discrepancies between Lego instructions and the contents of the box, like
the two versions of 6851 "Blacktron II Crusher" there are (Tri-Wheeled Tyrax
to most of you. Sorry, but I HATE the American names!) which share the same
number, and the way 2964 "Insectoid Space Spider" came with 2 trans dark
green cones as opposed to the trans neon green ones on the box.
      Anyway, I've been buying up Blacktron I sets and there are a couple of
pieces that either differed from the instructions and box art, or that I've
been supplied with erroneously. I'm after people who bought these models new
or MISB and know the parts ACTUALLY SUPPLIED (I'm a wee bit of a purist!)
Oh, I do know about Peeron, but they're not infallible either. The
sets/pieces in question are:
6894 "Invader" - came with solid yellow plastic 1x2x1 panels. The box art
shows trans yellow ones, and I think the instructions do too (it's hard to
make out on them)
6941 "Battrax" - came with trans yellow flexible hoses. The box art and
instructions show solid yellow
6954 "Renegade" - as with Battrax, I was given trans yellow flexible hoses
and it seems to suggest it should come with solid ones

My theory is that perhaps Lego switched the hoses at least, since both those
models came with trans yellow ones... although the 6987 "Message Intercept
Base" I got came with solid ones... Now, as I mentioned 6851 "Blacktron II
Crusher" was significantly changed at some point during production, and the
number wasn't altered or anything, so I'm wondering did this happen to the
clear/solid parts in Blacktron I, or have I just been conned?