 Space / 13605
  EYOT - Personal Shuttle

Greetings, As I'm slowly trying to work out the larger pieces for a theme, the smaller bits seem to be making their way out of the bins first....must be a manifestation of my procrastination for the larger task at hand. Anyway, here is a preliminary (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

(...) You're thinking of Mark Sandlin's _Neverwhere_, I think--if you haven't seen it yet, go take a look. It's wonderfully inspiring, and still one of my two or three very favorite MOCs of all time (if not still my #1). I'll put it this way: If (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

(...) Neat. I like the shape. And the dual cones in the back. (...) -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

(...) The Neverwhere can be found here: (URL)Pictures aren't so great of what was a fun and surprisingly challenging (...) sides, it looks like it's ready to roll off of a big ol' rack. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

Thats it!!! Man...that was a while ago. That ship is a real beauty - amazingly innovative, especially with the swinging quarterpanel to reveal the main batteries. No wonder it made an impression. If you read this Mark, many thanks for the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

The cones were an afterthought, but they seemed to fit as seen thru bleary tired eyes at the time.... Thanks! Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

(...) Aye, it was the cones that really struck me, too. Hehehe. It made me think of a snail. -- Mark Nelson LCC Command: (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

Thanks Jason! It is rather snailish now that I look at it. I think you just found it's callsign. Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

(...) Moon Pie? There's a blast from my confectionary past. Now I'm hungry.... (...) It's about 85% closed except at the base of the canopy. You could enclose this from the inside with interior walls on the exterior studs, but then I suspect you (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

I'll say it again. Side mounted radar dishes look really cool. This is great. Super compact and simple. If I had that windshield piece I'd build this. And I completely mirror the comment about the snail. I also think it has a slight nautilus look as (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

(...) Hey, I'm glad you liked it. I really like your shuttle. It's small enough and podlike enough that I think you could translate it into other types of vehicles as well... maybe like the Blacktron 2 spaceships. Just an idea. (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

Aye...the plans, the plans....they haunt my disshevled desk as well! I tack them all on a big spike labelled 'Someday' (or conversely, 'Retirement')! Thanks! -G (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

(...) And a good one! Sharpening my drafting pencil...... Thanks! -G (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

(...) Ack! Yet another nifty, original design. you make them faster than I can look at them. Jeff J (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

You might have been thinking of this. Sry for the late reply, i haven't been around much. (URL) J (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: EYOT - Personal Shuttle

Just caught this post when I did a backtrack search for EYOT! I don't think this was the model that did it (afterwards I discovered it was Mark Sandlin's Neverwhere that qued the synapses), but it is a spectacular one. Strange that I'm seeing it now (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)