 Space / 1136
Re: Lego Space Animation from the early 80's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:08:49 GMT

In lugnet.space, Marc Leidy writes:
Hello Lego Space Fans,

I've uploaded a 3 minute stop motion movie that I made way back in '85, using
some of the early space sets and minifigs...

You can check it out at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~lightdog

under "animation".

Those good 'ol space sets sure bring back memories...

:)

More than you know!

A friend of mine (Daniel Patrick Curtis III, are you out there???) made a test
liftoff super-8 movie, using the same ship model... the classic 487 Space
Cruiser!  I had a bag of Polyfil that I used to simulate the exhaust.  It ALMOST
looked believable...

We also did some test shots of minifigs walking, and Dan had a large robot with
movable arms and tractor-tread feet that we tried out.

I really like your film.  You were VERY patient.  We tried to keep the action
slow, but it was really hard not to rush things, particularly because parts are
so small.  Minifigs jogged, more than walked.  Our spaceship liftoff was a bit
too fast.

Thanks for the walk down Memory Lane!

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.