 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3991
Re: Development status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 23:05:24 GMT

Michael Obenland wrote:

I think we all want to get (or have it already) a NXT brick. BrickOS was
not changed in the last year, as I remember. But it is a great way to do
real programming and I wish to have someting like a nxtOS. :)

Santa thinks I haven't played enough with my RCX since I got
it, so he won't give me a NXT just yet. ;-)

and if I should volunteer to get the code to a state where
it compiles wih gcc 4.x without warnings.

That sounds great for me. I use my good old RCX and brickOS, actually
with a gcc < 4.x toolchain. It works, but if it could work better...

Aside from some signedness warnings and a missing function for
converting unsigned to float, brickOS compiles nicely with gcc HEAD.
Patch: http://carl.troein.com/brickos/ct_signedness.diff
And I should test with some slightly older version of gcc too.

//Carl

--
Carl Troein - carl@thep.lu.se
http://www.thep.lu.se/~carl/