 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3969
HOWTO: Building and installing brickOS tools on Mac OS X with USB IR tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 03:55:32 GMT

Hi all,

I just finished compiling and installing a cross-compiler and brickOS to my RCX
from my PowerBook with Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.3 and a USB IR tower. Here's a blog
posting about my experience:

http://marc.abramowitz.info/archives/2006/01/07/building-brickos-tools-on-mac-os-x/

Note that I was able to install brickOS to my RCX (using lejosfirmdl), but I
haven't yet figured out any way of downloading .lx files to it, since "dll"
seems to not have Mac USB support. There is some room to improve brickOS a bit
to make it easier to use on a Mac and I'd volunteer a bit of time to work on it.

I hope that this doc is helpful to somebody out there.

-Marc